Dr. Catsby's Whisker Relief Bowl is designed to avoid pushing a cat's whiskers back when the kitty is eating. Cats' whiskers contain sensitive nerve endings which help them navigate dark environments. For some cats, the repeated pushing back of the whiskers that can occur when eating from deeper, narrower bowls causes pain.
Some indications that your cat may suffer from whisker fatigue include:
- Pulling food out of the bowl with a paw to eat it from the ground.
- Messy eating, leaving food bits around the floor near the bowl.
- Aggression toward other pets or people in the home around mealtimes.
- Approaching the food bowl, acting hungry, but hesitating to eat.
- Refusing to eat the last bit of food in the bowl; demanding that it be kept full at all times.
The Whisker Relief Bowl is wide and shallow, allowing a cat to get to all of the food out without having the sides of the bowl push back uncomfortably on sensitive whiskers.
Other benefits of this special bowl include:
- Made of stainless steel, to protect against the development of bacteria and objectionable tastes and odors.
- Comes with a non-skid mat to keep the bowl firmly where you set it.
- Is attractive and stylish.
- Helps prevent feline acne.
This bowl is best for dry kibble. For water or wet cat food, the slightly deeper, wider Dr. Catsby Stainless Steel Water Bowl is better suited.
For years, I had a painful problem, and I didn't know how to tell my human. Every time I tried to eat from my food bowl, its sides pushed my whiskers back. That really hurt, and over time, it got worse and worse. I did the best I could, usually pulling the food out of the bowl with my paw to eat it on the floor, but it was really making me grumpy. Then my human got me a Dr. Catsby's Whisker Relief Bowl. Aaahhh! Now I can eat directly from my bowl, get every morsel out, and not feel any whisker discomfort at all. I feel so much better.